Jason is a shareholder and manages the Firm’s litigation practice. In that role, Jason represents dealer clients as well as dealership associations in litigation with the manufacturer.
During his time at the Firm, Jason has litigated numerous franchise dealership disputes to conclusion in arbitration, administrative forums, state and federal courts on issues including add-points, rights of first refusal, breach of contract, direct sale, dealership terminations, and constitutional challenges to state franchise statutes. Jason has obtained numerous favorable decisions on behalf of his clients at the trial and appellate level including a multi-million dollar jury verdict and appellate decisions.
In addition to litigation, Jason actively advises clients on many aspects of the franchise dealer relationship with the manufacturer on issues such as allocation, territory modifications, incentive programs, warranty reimbursement, dealership performance metrics, dealership ownership transfers, audits, and facility programs. Jason also advises dealership associations on industry issues.
Jason graduated with Honors from the Mercer University School of Law in 2006 and competed on the Moot Court team. Jason previously served as a law clerk to Florida Supreme Court Justice Ricky Polston, and served as an attorney for then Speaker of the Florida House of Representatives, Marco Rubio.
- Alliance of Auto. Mfrs., Inc. v. Currey, 984 F.Supp.2d 32 (D. Conn. 2013), motion to reopen denied 2014 WL 2219219, affirmed 610 Fed.Appx. 10, 2015 WL 1529018, certiorari denied 136 S.Ct. 1374, 577 U.S. 1193, 194 L.Ed.2d 359. Obtained dismissal of claims brought by Manufacturer trade association that sought to invalidate state warranty reimbursement statute. Argued case on appeal at the Second Circuit Court of Appeals, which affirmed district court decision. Briefed opposition to trade association Petition for Certiorari to U.S. Supreme Court.
- Association of Equipment Manufacturers v. Burgum, 495 F.Supp.3d 803 (D.N.D. 2020). Obtained favorable decision on summary judgment defeating several constitutional challenges to North Dakota dealership statutes.
- Successfully represented the Connecticut Automotive Retailers Association at the Department of Motor Vehicles in obtaining a decision that enforced the State’s laws and prohibited Tesla from opening a dealership location in the State. Argued on appeal, and successfully obtained decision that affirmed the Department of Motor Vehicles decision.
- Filed suit on behalf of state dealer association against major domestic manufacturer alleging manufacturer violated state warranty reimbursement statutes. Obtained favorable outcome prior to manufacturer responding to Complaint.
- Represented Hyundai dealer in breach of contract action against Hyundai Motor America that resulted in a jury verdict in favor of the dealer for $16,000,000.00.
- Obtained dismissal of claims for declaratory relief, injunctive relief and monetary relief brought against franchised dealership by manufacturer relating to manufacturer audit and warranty reimbursement.
- Obtained favorable decision on behalf of franchised dealership when manufacturer attempted to open a service-only location in dealership’s territory.
- Represented franchise dealership in arbitration seeking specific performance to purchase a new motor vehicle dealership. Obtained favorable decision and award of attorney’s fees.
- Represented franchise dealership in multi-week jury trial regarding manufacturer incentive program and attempt to terminate dealership. The case settled prior to being submitted to the jury.
- Litigated numerous disputes over warranty reimbursement rates paid by manufacturers to their franchised dealerships, which include disputes with GM, Mercedes-Benz, BMW, Audi, Ford, Nissan and Volvo.
- Litigated numerous disputes over manufacturer attempts to terminate franchised dealerships, which include disputes with GM, Nissan, Hyundai, Audi, FCA, Rolls-Royce, Kia, and Volvo.
- Litigated numerous disputes over manufacturer attempts to add and/or relocate franchised dealerships into existing dealership territory, which include disputes with GM, FCA, Ford, Honda, and Hyundai.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- The Florida Bar
- National Association of Dealer Counsel
Florida State University, B.S.
Mercer University School of Law, J.D., cum laude
Order of the Barristers
U.S. District Courts:
- Southern District of Florida
- Middle District of Florida
- Northern District of Florida
U.S. Appellate Court:
- U.S. Supreme Court
- 11th Circuit Court of Appeals
- 1st Circuit Court of Appeals
- 2nd Circuit Court of Appeals
- 3rd Circuit Court of Appeals
- 7th Circuit Court of Appeals
- 8th Circuit Court of Appeals