Micah A. Andrews is an attorney in the Firm’s litigation practice group focused on representing dealer clients concerning both manufacturer related disputes as well as dealer regulatory and consumer legal issues.
While at the Firm, Micah has represented franchise dealers in disputes with manufacturers in over 20 different States on issues including dealership terminations, add-points, succession/ownership transfer denials, territory disputes, warranty reimbursement rate disputes, and manufacturer incentive and warranty chargebacks. Micah has handled manufacturer disputes in administrative forums, State, and Federal Courts. Micah advises franchise dealers on all aspects of its relationship with manufacturers including issues like dealership performance metrics, allocation, and manufacturer facility initiatives. Micah also represents dealers in the farm equipment, heavy equipment, and powersports industries.
Micah also focuses his practice on assisting dealers facing legal claims brought by consumers and regulatory agencies. This includes lawsuits brought by consumers alleging deceptive trade practices or similar allegations arising from a motor vehicle transaction or repair. Micah regularly reviews and advises clients on their contractual forms, daily operations, fee disclosures, and compliance with advertising regulations. Micah has represented dealers facing consumer lawsuits brought in small claims court, arbitration, and Federal Court. Micah also assists dealers who have received administrative complaints from state motor vehicle regulatory agencies.
Micah is from Tallahassee, Florida and graduated from Florida State University College of Law in 2015. Prior to joining Bass Sox Mercer, Micah practiced at a large Florida-based insurance defense firm where he represented clients in personal injury, wrongful death, construction defect, commercial disputes and first-party matters.
- Has defended in excess of ten (10) attempted manufacturer terminations of a dealer franchise agreement which resulted in the termination notice being formally withdrawn by the manufacturer.
- Has successfully challenged manufacturer add-points and relocations resulting in the intended market notice ultimately being withdrawn.
- Have filed suit and obtained favorable outcomes for dealers against multiple manufacturers who refused to honor warranty reimbursement labor and parts increase requests; including, GM, Mercedes-Benz, BMW, Audi, Volvo, and Nissan.
- Have litigated dealer disputes with manufacturers including GM, FCA, Nissan, Hyundai, Ford, Rolls-Royce, Kia, Volvo, Audi, Honda, Toyota, Mercedes-Benz, BMW, Mazda, Mitsubishi, Harley-Davidson, and Polaris.
- Obtained a favorable decision on behalf of a franchised dealership when the manufacturer attempted to open a competing service-only location in the dealership’s territory.
- Obtained full defense verdicts/ final awards for dealers faced with consumer lawsuits in both State Court and before the American Arbitration Association.
- Have regularly responded to and resolved pre-suit consumer demand letters, initiated disputes with the Better Business Bureau, and appeared in consumer small claims actions.
- Have both brought lawsuits against dealership vendors for breach of contract and defended claims brought against dealers by third-party vendors.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- The Florida Bar
- National Association of Dealer Counsel
Florida State University, B.S., summa cum laude
Florida State University, College of Law, J.D.
State of Florida
U.S. District Courts:
- Southern District of Florida
- Middle District of Florida
- Northern District of Florida
- Eastern District of Wisconsin
U.S. Appellate Court:
- Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals